Brakes, Signaling, Train Control Systems, Operational Regulations
– and their optimal interaction
How we may support you
How we may support you
We have been working for the Swiss railway system for many years and know its specifics, both technically and culturally.
Do you need for example any support for Swiss homologation of brake systems of vehicles – we may be the partner of choice for you. We know how to deal with topics as Swiss regulations to comply with, specific requirements for Alpine railway lines, testing concepts, measurement result analysis, simulations of running time / stopping distances / thermal issues of brakes, homologation process and operational implementation in the Swiss railway system.
Our part in your project may be:
- Project manager
- Technical consultant
- Independent expert (recognized by Swiss railway safety authority BAV)
Or maybe you are working for a railway company from outside Switzerland and you are facing some technical or operational problems in the areas of our expertise. Consider asking us for support – we may have solutions already proven in the Alpine context of our country, or we may contribute our experience to a common process of developping your tailor-made solution.
Learn more about our areas of expertise in the following list :
Brake technology and Braking Operations
- Assessment of braking performance of vehicles according to UIC 544‑1 (Normal gauge) and AB‑EBV (Swiss reglementation for Meter and special gauge)
- Conception and technical management of brake tests
- Signalling distances (Swiss RTE 29100 and AB-EBV 2020)
- Braking tables (Swiss regulation for braking performance and line speeds in function of slope)
- Braking curves for train control systems (ETCS for Normal gauge, ZBMS for Meter gauge)
- Braking reglementation
- Optimisation and innovation in operations, monitoring and maintenance of brake systems
Risk and Safety
- Risk assessments, e.g. in case of derogations from valid rules or standards
- Safety validations
- Risk assessments / safety assessments according to CSM, EN 50126 etc.
- Safety audits
Education und Documentation Support
- Review of technical reports, user manuals and documentations of all kinds
- Editorial consulting for technical documentations
- Linguistic support / translations of technical documents (from French or English to German)
Who we are
Who we are
Pierre Senglet, graduate engineer EPFL / postgraduate in business management
Founder, owner and manager. In the railway sector, I am well-known above all as experienced specialist since many years for braking technology, braking operations and interaction between braking and signalling / train control systems. But my railway knowledge from my almost 32 years of professional experience is even much more extended.
Dr. rer. oec. Business Informatics, M. Sc. Physics
Master in Physics and Computer scientist with many years of experience in the railway sector. Staff member for Software Engineering (brake modelling, planning of signalling, line speeds, Monte-Carlo simulations etc.). Furthermore, by his professional background as former System Engineer (Safety) at Swiss Federal Railways SBB, he is regularly contributing to our risk assessments and various internal reviews.
B. Sc. Computer Science, Federal VET Diploma in Commerce
Computer Scientist working for Lambda-Pi in the areas of Software Engineering (planning of signalling, line speeds etc.), Web Design and data acquisition and processing.
One of our advantages is the excellent networking within the railway sector. We have been working closely with Emkamatik GmbH for many years. Furthermore, for almost any topic there is an expert within our network, no matter whether from domestic or foreign railway companies or other engineering offices – «we know each other» !
Moreover, Pierre Senglet has the privilege to contribute actively to the UIC sector expert team brakes (SET 7) as a mandated representative of an UIC member railway.